As a new 3D printing guy, some of people will get into trouble onprinting, the printed filament always can’t be well stick if the parameter is not corret, it will be easy split as below photo show, so you had better to review below ABS filament printing tips.
Basic parameter should be down on the 3D printer.
- ABS filament printer temperature 220-240℃,
- Base temperature :110℃,
- Extrusion speed:30-60mm/s,
- Unloading speed:30-60mm/s.
On different 3D printer, you can fine tune based on your printing experience on your 3D printer.
Important thing you had be paid more attention on ABS filament printing.
- Bed temperature for ABS should be right at least it should be more than 100°C, Maybe you can set it as 110 °C (If you set bed temperature below 90 °C for ABS filament printing, the printed product should be possible to come off the bed.)
- If you set it at 100°C it is ok, but 110 °C is best.
- Make sure the Printers your building has doors, etc. to close it for ABS filament printing), like we have used Makerbot, UP we used for bed temperature 110 is best.
- The most important printer is enclosed, If the machine is not enclosed, it will lose heat and ABS will tend to cause problems, so you need to try to find out if the Printer used is the one that can be Closed/enclosed, it is very important to keep ABS hot in the whole printing time.
- Hot. , bed Temp can be Zero, open doors to keep it cool. But ABS filament is opposite to this,It must be